Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Close't'!

My roomie was doing her namaaz a little while ago,on the occasion of “jagne ki raat”. It can be best described as an equivalent of Shivratri. We 3 kiddos,were looking at her in awe…trying to understand what she was doing. We quite didn’t understand if settling the dupatta over her forehead was a part of her prayer. So we started following the prayer closely again and then figured out that hair should be covered entirely and that is why she was stuffing every strand that came out every now and then.

I feel ignorant and elated at the same time.

Ignorance of that religion.
Elation of tolerance.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
And then, there are dreams. I see another dream when I am already living a beautiful one. I made the dream come true. Now, I feel its time to break this and make another. Sometime later, one more would come up to break this one. And I get restless. Indecisive. Judgemental. Irrespectably critical. Oh!! I wish there was a pause!!

The last question I would want my brain to ask is…

”Have I lost the spark??”

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

1 comment:

Sharad Ragas said...

It was nice to read the blog, after a while.. you indeed write well when you travel. =)