Sunday, December 06, 2009

Adieu!!

Miss you baby! Certainly. People called it foolishness to hang on to you any further. Baby, I had no choice. Ever since I saved you from the last accident, I was counting my days with you. I knew the happiness has begun to end. And one day you refused to respond. You put yourself on the death bed. I tried my best to make you stay. In life. With me. I wanted to put you back in pink of your health. It wouldnt have costed me much. Neither was I worried about the insult people would pour upon me if I clinged on to you. All I was worried was...can I survive? There would definitely be a day when you would refuse to respond. Like you did.Can I survive then? Reason. Thats all I wanted. Reason to leave you. I was searching. And you gave me enough. Just enough. Or I thought so.

You have no idea how much I wanted you to stay. I tried in vain to get a close substitute. And failed miserably. How stupid I was to even hope that there would be a substitute.I have your song ringing in my head. In full cognizance, I let it ring. Thats all that gives me peace these days. Your memory.

But baby, the new acquaintance, I must tell you, is way superior to you. There is so much to be explored and learnt except that I have no incentive. There are so many qualities that I have never found in you. More than what I ever asked for. I admit. Of what use is superiority when comfort doesnt trot along, honey? I admit. I am not comfortable. Indifference, I cant attain. I have to live alongside, day in-day out. Diplomacy, I am not good at.

Heard a wise person say, "You never miss anyone you haven't lost." Baby, tell me honestly, have I lost you? If not, why do I miss you? Is it your absence or the new presence thats troubling the most?

P.S: I have disowned you. There is nothing much we can do now apart from the obituary. I would also do my blog the honour of posting your pic here. Soon.

4 comments:

Avi... said...

lol!! whats the new one called? even i got a new one today:D cheers!!

Sharad Ragas said...

A new phone?

Chaitanya said...

@Avi: Its called SAMSUNG Corby. The basic touch piece.
@SR: Yes.:)

ADR said...

"You never miss anyone you haven't lost".
It's good line. But that doesn't necessarily mean it's true.