Wednesday, June 09, 2010

One

of those days when I have no option but to enjoy boredom at work.

Mumbai, I should say, is sexy in monsoon. It did keep the junta waiting for more than a week.But one shower was just enough to charm us all!

Last night, like many other nights, I was going through yet another mild phase of insomnia lying on a 3inch-turned-2inch mattress, looking out of the room through the grills of the balcony at the dark hilly area across the skyscrapers, when it started pouring. It was like a huge audience clapping in appreciation of a midnight victory of a battle somewhere in the middle world! (Pardon me for the overindulgence. I cant help thinking of LOTR in such mausam!) Given the darkness, anyone would have thought it was nothing but midnight. I slowly groped for my mobile without blinking at the view I just had...just to see that the time was 4:45 am. :) Once the clouds have danced, poured and rested, first thing that caught my eye was an under-construction skyscraper draped in green with blotches of wet cement. I cant still get to an analogy to describe the view. I just fell in love. With man. With nature. Yet again.

View from BSE terrace is breathtaking. For people like me who fear heights or looking down from heights, it is,literally, breathtaking. Still, I have surpassed all my fears for a greater cause and clicked these pics..for you all! :P

Thats the Rotunda building more commonly known as the baby building stuck to the BSE main towers.



The white building is the RBI headquarters.





The city...that never sleeps! I must say, South Mumbai is a feast to a traveller's eyes. It has an aura of dignity that is just enough to amaze the kind who have a taste for architecture or buildings or even better, history.



An adventurous night trek with scary stories of spirits, ghosts, hills with eyes and valleys and occasional LOTRish talks. Strike it off the list. Pics and stories. Coming soon.

2 comments:

Sourabh said...

And this was just the trailer... The monsoon has not really arrived. Picture abhi baki hai, mere dost!

IC said...

:)